Friday, June 7, 2013

MY FLIGHT ESSENTIALS / WHAT'S IN MY CARRY-ON! + Mini Haul!

Hello everyone! 

I have mentioned in previous blog posts that I travel a lot between my home state of Oregon and my current home in North Carolina; I decided to make a post about my typical travel days and my essentials that I take with me!  I'm not going to show all of the stuff I pack for my son because it is obviously all kid items lol 
Every time I fly, I fly through Delta because I always seem to get the best deal, and the flight attendants have always been genuinely nice to me and helpful when it comes to me traveling alone with my toddler! 

The first thing that I get out when I travel is a bag! I have to have the perfect bag and a big one at that since I bring my laptop with me! The bag I decided to carry-on with me this time is my Pink Cosmo Gold Studded Satchel (retail $70), I got this from Little Black Bag! I love this bag because it has a long strap and handles, having the option to carry it either way is really helpful when carrying this, with a diaper bag while pushing a toddler in a stroller!



In my bag for personal items I brought: 
Jean Pierre Cosmetics Oil-Absorbing Facial Tissues- these are great when traveling! I got these in a Beauty Box 5 box!
Trident Gum in Spearmint- Gum is perfect for chewing when you are taking off and landing to keep your ears cleared!
La Fresh Travel-Lite Antiperspirant Deodorant Wipes- I used one of these on the flight and am currently saving this one for the next time I fly! I got these in a BB5 box as well.
Hair Tyes
EOS Chapstick Ball: This is my go to chapstick at any time and especially when I am traveling!
Aquafina Pink Sugar Roll-On Perfume: I always make sure that I have a perfume of some kind when traveling! I picked this one because the smell is light so I can make sure it isn't over powering causing people on the plane to get headaches from it (hopefully). I also like to make sure my perfume is a roller ball because it is easier and more convenient while traveling! This scent is so amazing, it smells like freshly made waffle cones! I discovered this scent through Beauty Army and ended up buying the roller ball at Ulta for $22!



I always like to make sure I take a wrist-watch with me because I am a constant time checker, especially when I am flying, and as you know, you cannot always have your electronics turned on.
My trusty I-pod! I was watching the amazing Josh Hartnett in 30 Days Of Night! 
My in-flight Coca-Cola to keep me awake! 



I love to read so flying is one of the best times to catch up on reading, and I had plenty of time on this flight to do that since it was a 4hr 20 min flight plus an extra hour being delayed and sitting on the plane at the main gate -_- gotta love LAX! I was reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; if you didn't know I absolutely love HP, especially the books!!
I always like to bring my own snacks with me and I brought some already shelled pistachios! So delicious!! 

MAKE-UP!!!
I always bring make-up on the plane with me so I can 'paint my face' before I get to my husband haha! 
3 elf cosmetics brushes, I broke off the wooden handle part for easy traveling and I actually like it a bit more! These are all from their Studio line ($3 per brush), the top brush is the powder brush that I use for my foundation, the middle brush is the small stipple brush I use for blush, and the bottom brush is the eyeshadow "C" Brush! 
(Not pictured: sample of Youngblood primer)
L'Oreal True Match Concealor Crayon
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray Eyeshadow Primer
Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow in Honey (Gold) 
Model Co. Eyeliner (Black) 
Urban Decay Supercurl Mascara (I absolutely LOVE this eyeshadow! It is the best eyeshadow I have ever used I think!)
Benefit Cosmetics Coralista Blush
Softlips Cool Mint Chapstick

My mini-haul I got was a Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner! I absolutely love this toner, it is the first toner that I have used that does not break my face out in a rash! I actually bought this previously from Birchbox but literally after 5 uses my pesky little toddler stole it and dumped the whole thing into one of my purses!!! I have been trying to get this from Birchbox again for awhile but it has been sold out! This bottle is $16 but the awesome sales associate happened to notice my military ID and gave me a discount! I was really surprised because I never even think to ask for a military discount anywhere but this guy had like eyes of a hawk and noticed the ID super fast! So with the discount I only paid $12.80! Thank you Portland (PDX) Airport lol! The sales man also gave me a free sample of Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream! 


Last but not least here are two extra photos I took on the plane, one of the flight tracker on the little T.V.'s they have on the back of the seats, and the next one is just a picture I took of us above the clouds that I liked =] 



2 comments:

  1. Some of my elf brushes are missing the handle for the same reason. I've been wanting to try the concealer crayon but I have lots to go through. Is it heavy coverage or is it very sheer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My elf brushes were really wobbly so I broke off the handles lol. They don't seem to be making them as great as they used to! The concealer crayon is probably the best concealer I have ever tried, it has amazing coverage!!!

      Delete